Fairmont Barcelona is pleased to invite you to participate in its famous gastronomic workshops hosted every month. Each season chefs choose a different theme. Learn to work with local products, modern and traditional recipes hand in hand with Fairmont chefs. Please, see the schedule of the upcoming workshops and get your voucher to have fun and learn the best from the best!
- Entrance to one of the Gastronomic Workshops at Fairmont Barcelona
- Saturday 23/03 - 17:30h: Spring Kitchen Workshop Seasonal produce is at the heart of our restaurants at Fairmont Rey Juan Carlos I. In this workshop we will discover how to make the most of the fantastic produce in season in springtime with the following recipes:
Yellow and pickled tomato and cockle gazpacho
Strawberries, vegetables, flowers, and beef slices
Roasted Tuna Steak with seaweed, green leaves and smoked pepper
Cherries stuffed with candied pistachio cream and white chocolate soup
- Saturday 06/04 - 17:30h: "Plant Based Cooking" Workshop Our head chef will explain the methodology of the preparation of a completely plant based menu, for a healthier diet. It’s a great start to enter into the universe of possibilities that vegan cuisine offers. For this occasion we are going to prepare the following menu:
Salad of roots, earth, seeds, vegetables and cream of leeks
Casserole of vegetables, tubers, seaweed and spiced juice
Strudel of celery, parsnips, pumpkin, sweet onion, clover and vanilla foam
Beet Tatin, orange and cereal cookie
- Saturday 13/04 - 17:30h: Chocolate Workshop It’s about a journey in the world of chocolate that begins in Latin America, going through Cuba, arriving to Tanzania and ending in Asia. At the same time we will learn the basic techniques for chocolate preparations of:
- Saturday 04/05 - 17:30h: Alternatives to Wheat Workshop In this workshop we will break the myth that gluten-free and lactose-free dishes have little flavor. Together with an expert of producing lactose & gluten free salty and sweet food we will discover the secrets of preparing different dishes.
- Saturday 25/05 - 17:30h: Ceviches Workshop During this workshop we will take a gastronomic tour going from Mexico to South America passing as well through Polynesia and Asia. Together we will learn the preparation of:
Traditional croaker ceviche
Seaweed and vegetable ceviche
Pineapple and passion fruit ceviche
- Saturday 01/06 - 17:30h: Workshop of modern Ice Cream Chocolate ice cream, vanilla, lemon...? Nooo! Today we are going to prepare ice creams and sorbets that you will hardly find in a traditional ice cream parlor. We will learn the techniques of preparing:
Avocado ice cream
White coffee ice cream
White garlic ice cream
Pisco sour sorbet
Bread with tomato sorbet
- Saturday 29/06 - 17:30h: Bowls & Summer Sandwiches Workshop Summer is the time of fresh, creative and simple food, but not meaning less tasty. In this workshop we will learn how to prepare salads in bowls and sandwiches adding a touch of color and freshness to the season of good weather. More detailed we will prepare:
Salad of seasonal tomatoes, mató (catalan fresh cheese), pesto cream and gazpacho
Bowl of nectarine, plum, Cecina (salted and dried beef), green sprouts, red quinoa, chia and cashew nuts
Bowl of salmon marinated with citrus, wheat, fermented vegetables and kefir lime
Wasabi and ginger bread with shrimp, crab, sour cream and citrus sprouts
Oil bread with 48 hours confited and spiced veal 48hrs, avocado, pickles and mustard grains
Cereal bread, seaweed, vegetables and olive tartar, tomato and soy with smoked cream and kimchi
This Gift Voucher has to be presented upon arrival at the hotel.
Subject to hotel availability. Booking required in advance by phone or email after the purchase of this voucher. Contact details will be provided in the confirmation email.
Present your Hotel Treats voucher upon your arrival at the hotel.
The hotel’s regular cancellation and change policy will be applied (please contact the reservation department for further information).